Mental health practitioner continuing education (CE) seminars -
- cultural awareness in counseling
- clinical terminations
- motivational interviewing
- facilitating process and psycho-educational groups
- other relevant topics, as requested
Board-approved supervision for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist- Associates; supervision for practicum students also offered
- email an unofficial academic transcript and current resume/vitae to Info@NewDayLifeSkills.com for intern application and details
Corporate, CEU, and educational consultations and trainings on -
- diversity and inclusion education
- identity safe learning environments
- LGBTQ-inclusive policies for clinical facilities, residential and commuter educational institutions, homeless shelters, etc
- how to offer affirming counseling services for ethnic/racial minority or LGBTQ populations
- adaptive anger management
- test anxiety management
- standardized test and state licensing test prep
- group cohesion and growth
- effective mentoring and clinical supervision
- pre-commitment and marital/commitment health
- other customized topics
Previous Work Samples
* On Friday, Sept 8, 2017, Dr. Medley was the guest presenter for the Trauma Care Institute. Her topic was Ethical Trauma Healing and Affirming Therapy for LGBTQIA Populations. See the marketing flyer here. Attendees can click here for a copy of the presentation.
* Dr. Staussa Ervin and Dr. Medley presented a webinar on Microaggressions in the Classroom for higher education professionals in Feb 2014.
(sponsored by Macmillan Publishing) - https://community.macmillan.com/events/1007
* Dr. Medley was the featured guest on the Smart Money Moves radio show with Ms. Tiffany Tippins to discuss The Psychology of Money. The show aired on Sat, July 9, 2016 @ 1:00 pm (CST) on Heaven 97 (KHVN 970).
In case you missed it, take a listen here.
New Day is NOT currently accepting new clients for the individual, couple or family services listed here.
Specializing in Counseling, Life Skills Training, and Relationship Coaching for:
- Adult couples (pre-commitment, committed, pre/post-divorce)
- Adolescents (12+ yrs old) , young adults & college/graduate students
- Gender and sexual identity development, LGBTQ spectrum
- Ethnic/racial minority groups, cross-cultural groups
- Pregnancy, post-partum, and married woman's role overload
- Anger management, divorce co-parenting and relationship training groups
- Therapists/counselors and therapists-in-training
* Sessions available in-office or through HIPPA-compliant video counseling (online).
Mental health assessments/testing (not currently offering ADHD or forensic assessments)
LPC/LMFT Licensing Prep Seminar
- How to overcome anxiety and previous non-passing scores to reach your career goals
You can receive assistance with a wide range of emotional and behavioral concerns by accessing services that span from life skills training to address depression and anxiety to divorce co-parenting, PREPARE-ENRICH assessments, support for gender and sexual identity exploration and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, you can receive a highly personalized therapeutic approach tailored to your individual needs with the goal of assisting you, specifically, in attaining the personal growth you are seeking.
To schedule any of the following:
- a relationship coaching or life skills session
- a psychoeducational presentation for your church group, community organization or employees
- an available continuing education workshop
call (972 702 7570) or email me for more information including additional customized presentation topics, prices for services and available seminar or service dates.