Mental health practitioner continuing education (CE) seminars -
- cultural awareness in counseling
- clinical terminations
- motivational interviewing
- facilitating process and psycho-educational groups
- other relevant topics, as requested
Board-approved supervision for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist- Associates; supervision for practicum students also offered
- email an unofficial academic transcript and current resume/vitae to Info@NewDayLifeSkills.com for intern application and details
Corporate, CEU, and educational consultations and trainings on -
- diversity and inclusion education
- identity safe learning environments
- LGBTQ-inclusive policies for clinical facilities, residential and commuter educational institutions, homeless shelters, etc
- how to offer affirming counseling services for ethnic/racial minority or LGBTQ populations
- adaptive anger management
- test anxiety management
- standardized test and state licensing test prep
- group cohesion and growth
- effective mentoring and clinical supervision
- pre-commitment and marital/commitment health
- other customized topics
Previous Work Samples
* Dr. Staussa Ervin and Dr. Medley presented a webinar on Microaggressions in the Classroom for higher education professionals in Feb 2014.
(sponsored by Macmillan Publishing) - https://community.macmillan.com/events/1007
* Dr. Medley was the featured guest on the Smart Money Moves radio show with Ms. Tiffany Tippins to discuss The Psychology of Money. The show aired on Sat, July 9, 2016 @ 1:00 pm (CST) on Heaven 97 (KHVN 970).
In case you missed it, take a listen here.
New Day is NOT currently accepting new clients for the individual, couple or family services listed here.
Specializing in Counseling, Life Skills Training, and Relationship Coaching for:
- Adult couples (pre-commitment, committed, pre/post-divorce)
- Adolescents (12+ yrs old) , young adults & college/graduate students
- Gender and sexual identity development, LGBTQ spectrum
- Ethnic/racial minority groups, cross-cultural groups
- Pregnancy, post-partum, and married woman's role overload
- Anger management, divorce co-parenting and relationship training groups
- Therapists/counselors and therapists-in-training
* Sessions available in-office or through HIPPA-compliant video counseling (online).
Mental health assessments/testing (not currently offering ADHD or forensic assessments)
LPC/LMFT Licensing Prep Seminar
- How to overcome anxiety and previous non-passing scores to reach your career goals
You can receive assistance with a wide range of emotional and behavioral concerns by accessing services that span from life skills training to address depression and anxiety to divorce co-parenting, PREPARE-ENRICH assessments, support for gender and sexual identity exploration and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, you can receive a highly personalized therapeutic approach tailored to your individual needs with the goal of assisting you, specifically, in attaining the personal growth you are seeking.
To schedule any of the following:
- a relationship coaching or life skills session
- a psychoeducational presentation for your church group, community organization or employees
- an available continuing education workshop
call (972 702 7570) or email me for more information including additional customized presentation topics, prices for services and available seminar or service dates.